Art Manager for Private Collection Job
A young lady collector, living in Paris, is looking for an art manager. The candidate should have a successful experience in the world of contemporary art as in managing of a private collection.
- Experience in managing of private collections (contemporary art, photography)
- Maintaining an extensive liaison with suppliers of art works and art galleries
- Ability to travel
Duties and responsibilities
- Consulting the owner on the acquisition and other competence related issues
- Maintaining the collection in good condition (care and ensuring that restoration works are performed by experts)
- Maintaining the gallery, organizing private exhibitions and providing works of art for temporary exhibitions at the owner’s requests
- Identifying the works requiring special storage conditions
- Making booklets for the presentation of each work of art
- Searching for information about works of art and new artists
- Record keeping and maintenance of a database of collections
- Providing access to the collections of the owner at her request
- Fulfilling the owner’s desires concerning the works of art
- Cooperation with the owner and the security service in matters of preservation of works
- Arranging works of art in the residences of the owner
- Ensuring security and storage of works
- Liaison with experts in maintenance and restoration of works
- Holding exhibitions, liaising with museums, and creating archives
- Organization of transportations if needed
- Being responsible for framing some paintings
- Setting prices for works of art (for purchase, insurance, resale)
- Responsibilities may be extended, depending on the kind of collection and owner's requirements
Schedule is to be agreed with the client
Permanent position, with a trial period of 1 month, may be extended for another month.
Salary will depend on the results of the interview.
Please click here if you are interested in other art collection manager jobs.