Domestic Couple Job and Vacancy
A family with two small children is looking for a guardian couple for their main property near Bordeaux.
It is an estate of several hectares consisting of principals’ mansion, several houses for their family and friends, and separate house for the guardian couple.
The family is looking for a couple who will integrate with the region, the environment and the staff of the wineries.
Employers also have a villa near the sea and a hunting area in Gironde, which they visit during their holidays.
The couple would accompany their principle to these properties. The accommodation provided in each property.
There are a full time housekeeper for their mansion and a gardener to take care of the gardens and its surroundings.
Profile of the candidates
- Experienced in private households
- Speak English and French
- Discreet, cheerful and smiling
- Balanced, loving their job and good willed
- Energetic, enjoying servicing and willing to take initiative
- Woman experienced in early childcare/man experienced in cooking
- Woman speaking fluent English (bilingual children) and flexible to travel to the USA (once a year for 2-3 weeks)
- Discreet, as the principals’ confidentiality is a key factor
- Available, flexible, punctual and helping
- Enjoying life in the countryside
- Experienced, with verified references
- Teenage children and animals accepted
- Driving license (for both)
- Yacht master license is a plus
- Care for two children (1.5 year girl and 3.5 year boy)
- Look after children after they wake up (cook breakfast, prepare them for school)
- Take care of the little girl (change diapers, playing games, etc.)
- Organize fun games
- Responsible for cognitive development and awareness of the children
- Outdoor activities when possible
- Accompany children to school or nursery
- Accompany and organize extra-curricular activities (e.g. swimming pool, park, library)
- Develop entertaining and fun games (e.g. building huts, playing instruments)
- Bathe children, feed them and take to bed
- Ensure they are healthy and safe
- Teach them good manners
- Be flexible and understanding
- Babysitting (about 2 times/week)
- Accompany children and their mother to the USA several times per year
- Participate in daily chores (flowers arrangements, ironing)
- Serve the table daily for the principals, during receptions and when friends and family are visiting
- Mainly informal service
- Formal service at receptions (greeting guests, serving the table)
- No evening overall service unless there is a reception
- Access to training if necessary
- Cook for the family and the whole estate. Cooking French traditional food of good quality using products from the market
- Pay attention to the presentation of the dishes, especially at receptions
- Preparing weekly menus
- Shop for food products and maintain the stock inventory
- Manage the funds in accordance with the budget
- Responsible for cleaning the kitchen and kitchen supplies
- Perform chauffeur duties for principal for professional trips
- Maintenance of the vehicle (washing, servicing, RDV for review, technical control)
- Pool maintenance
- Minor repairs in the house
- Minor maintenance of the garden courtyard (take care of flowers, watering, cleaning, mopping the ground (pebbles) )
- May work on the other company sites and assisting on special events (Vinexpo, premiers)
- Creation and maintenance of a vegetable garden
- Access to training if necessary
Uniforms provided by the employers for receptions.
5 days a week
Approximately every 2 weeks the domestic couple will be required to work at weekends, in such cases days-off will be provided on weekdays.
Permanent position with 1-month trial period
Paid leave: 5 weeks per year (except for April, September/October)
Salary for the couple
40-45K EUR net per year, depending on the candidates’ experience with possible growth after one year + bonuses.
Approximately 140 m2 house (non-furnished) with three bedrooms, living room with fireplace, kitchen, two bathrooms.
Bills included (housing taxes, electricity, water, heating). Phone and internet expenses are not included
Fully supported car provided by the employers