Laundress Job and Vacancy
Delightful family from Brooklyn, New York is looking for a highly-skilled professional laundress / wardrobe manager to take care of luxury clothes, linens and footwear. This is a permanent live-out position. A separate room in the residence will be provided.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of working as a laundress / wardrobe manager in a HNW family
- Professional in the care of all fine linens, women’s clothing (including couture), men’s shirts
- Extensive experience in the ironing, washing and handling of all fabrics
- Fluent English, French (advanced)
- Flexibility, politeness
- Positive references from previous employers
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintaining an up-to-date garment and linen inventory
- Managing regular washing and ironing of everyday clothing and linen
- Hand-washing, using special products, making minor alterations or repairs to all types of clothing
- Steam ironing
- Folding and putting away washed and ironed items according to strict organisation protocols
- Maintaining cleaning equipment (washing machines, tumble dryers, irons etc.)
- Managing stock and supply operations related to laundry (washing products, equipment etc.)
- Managing subcontractors relating to laundering and upkeep (such as tailors, external dry-cleaning services, equipment repair workers etc.)
- Organizing the client's wardrobe
- Maintaining the client's footwear (polishing, cleaning, managing repairs)
Work schedule: 5 days a week. Two days off during the week (Monday and Sunday).
High salary depending on experience.
Start in December.