Gardener Job Offer and Vacancy in Winchester, Hampshire, United Kingdom Description
Our client is looking to recruit a live-out, full time, permanent Gardener for a large house and grounds in Hampshire, about 15 minutes’ drive to Winchester. The gardens are 30 acres, there are 2 other full time gardeners and people who come in to do lawns and hedges.
Vacancy duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of the gardens, grounds and equipment.
- Manage, instruct, train and mentor the other garden staff.
- Manage, oversee and instruct any garden or landscape related contractors.
- Responsible for the management, care, improvement, maintenance, regular watering and upkeep of the gardens including the Kitchen Garden, greenhouse, many formal areas of clipped trees and hedging, formal and informal lawns, river and woodland areas, potted plants and the planted areas surrounding the swimming pool.
- Maintain the highest standards of tidiness and orderliness in the gardens, grounds and outbuildings.
- Work closely with the owner’s concerning ideas for improvements and additions to the gardens and ground.
- Responsible for the care and upkeep of the swimming pool.
- Maintenance of the wider grounds including the park/pastureland, the river and woodland areas, also the pond and treehouse. Boundary hedging and trees within the grounds will also have to be monitored, regularly watered and maintained.
- Greenhouse and outside propagation to enable regular production and harvesting of seasonal fruit, vegetables (organic where practical) and flowers, in line with the owner’s requirements and liaising with the household staff.
- Seasonal lawn maintenance procedures including application of fertilizers, chemical control, regular mowing and monitoring ground conditions with regards to automated irrigation.
- Maintenance and cleaning of hard surfaces around the property, including paved areas and terraces, driveways including regular gravel raking, and sweeping, leaf blowing and upkeep of the tennis court playing surface.
- Maintenance and care of the equipment and machinery and keeping servicing records and organising servicing of machinery.
- Looking after the chickens.
- Equipment, clothing and personal safety standards.
- Expenditure record keeping and annual budgets for the garden and landscape.
- Self-motivated, proficient, well trained and organised in routine and standards
- Needs to be very hands on and not just a stand off head gardener
- Experience in a similar position with checkable references
- Flexible attitude
- Full time
£30 000 - £35 000 gross per year
Ad reference: 1613 LD
Post on 22/07/2020 by Morgan & Mallet International
Our recruiters are please to offer another similar Gardener Job in UK