Butler Job Offer
This position has been filled
Butler Vacancy in Hillcrest, Durban, South Africa Description
A Presentable Butler, Chauffeur and House Manager are all required by a Professional and his family. The family reside in Hillcrest, West of Durban, South Africa.
The Butler/Chauffeur and overall House Manager are all expected to join and lead a team working at the principal's extensive home, that is currently serviced by a housekeeper and an all-round gardener & maintenance man. A Butler/ Chauffeur & overall House Manager are required to join and lead this team for all services and needs in the private residential areas, business meeting areas and guest accommodation on the property.
A very competitive renumeration package can be expected by suitable applicant. The candidate is expected to be flexible and who can commit to the role as required for (both corporate & private to the principle). The candidate is expected to have proven experience and references of his or her service, management and has managed a private home in all aspects before.
Over and above the regular day to day management, varied duties including chauffeuring & catering for receptions are required over and above the normal day to day management of all services rendered in the home.
Experience, Professionalism, Confidentiality and Qualifications, will be prioritized in the screening process and appointment. A valid passport/VISA/and UK residency or similar will give candidate with same, assured preference.
Vacancy duties and responsibilities
- Planning cleaning schedule and tasks in different parts of the property
- Managing and scheduling periodical deep cleans, as well as daily cleaning of the property
- Managing a VIP wardrobe
- Managing laundry department
- Ensuring upkeep of porcelain, crystal, gold and silverware
- Maintaining and inventory of cleaning products and materials
- Flower arranging & plant care
- Overseeing stock and supply operations in regards to cleaning products and supplies
- Managing the purchase of fresh produce
- Maintaining and inventory of fresh produce
- Creating and cooking of weekly menus with the private chef
- Managing cleaning and upkeep of hygiene standards within the kitchen
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner preparation with short notice _ assisting the private chef when required
- Dinner service duties during receptions and special occasions
- Geared towards general hygiene and cleaning standards set by family
- Managing of service providers and deliveries with security a priority
- Stock control
- Working within a budget, expense reporting and admin
- Client concierge and meet & greet services during and after office hours
- Chauffeur responsibilities when and where required during the daily schedule
- Room preparation to hotel standard based on principle and guests schedule
- This family requires an individual that is Trustworthy and has a pro-active mind set
- Fluent command of English in verbal and written communication a necessity
- Must be able to communicate well in English verbal and written.
- Deep cleaning, Housekeeping, Meals, Laundry and Ironing must be done in detail
- Housekeeping, Cooking, Laundry & Ironing, Deep Cleaning with detailed orientation and ability to manage.
- Extensive experience in similar position within a luxury private family residence is essential
- Luxury private family residence extensive experience
- A very high level of experience in Housekeeping with cooking abilities is a requirement.
- Ability and flexibility to accommodate the Principle and guests schedule
- Flexible and able to accommodate principle and guests schedule
- Candidate to be highly skilled and service orientated
- Experience in household management/hotel management/guest house management, a requirement (Preferably London Guild or UK Butler certificate) as a Certified Qualification
- A minimum requirement of 3 years’ experience as a Butler in a private residence.
- Besides English and additional language would be an advantage
- Certificates in Cooking and Housekeeping with Certificates would be an advantage
- An honest, dynamic and friendly yet professional candidate with honest and kind attributes and values is required.
- All travel expenses, meals and accommodation may be included.
- Short notice by Principal may be required in accordance with completely flexible schedule.
- Should candidate use own vehicle all maintenance and travel will be covered if preferred
- Accommodation will be live in.
Very good salary for the most suitable candidate.
Commencement Anticipated for June 2020
Commencement Anticipated for June 2020