Travelling Butler Job and Vacancy
UHNW Family is looking for a Travelling Butler. The position is based in London, UK, but the candidate will travel between yacht and estate all over the world.
- Be the central point of communications with regards to Daily Routine, Owners Activities, F&B Service.
- Assume the role of Maitre D’Hotel/Butler and central point of communication for the Principal and all on board hospitality operations and shore side activity coordination.
- Junior candidate
- Able to co-ordinate different tasks as well as be hands on dealing with all service-related requirements
- Previous experience being in direct contact with Principals and hosting guests
- 2-3 years’ Experience as a Butler or Lead service on a Yacht, and in Estates/ private properties.
- Experience with personal service for UHNWI principal with family, children (2).
- High end table service experience as well as organizing and running large dinners and events
- Excellent communicator and team player, able to juggle different forms of communication.
- Able to work alone without supervision and plan ahead for the coming days
- Experience in organizing the day for the principals and coordinating with external and internal departments
- Experience interacting and coordinating with service suppliers and consultants (beauticians, hairdressers, coaches and others)
- Administration and co-ordination experience and facility in keeping expenditures and planning agendas
- Strong ownership of tasks and projects delivered to the highest standard
- Fluent in English and another language such as German
- Must be EU National due to travel required
- A keen eye for details and a good capacity to adapt to any request or situation.
- Resilient to stress and able to handle requests in a professional and efficient manner.
- Understands concepts of privacy and confidentiality, invisible and available.
- Attention to detail
- Well groomed, clean at all times.
- Excellent public communication skills.
- Excellent coordination skills.
- Able to Travel with the family for longer periods of time between yachts and worldwide Estates as per Principal’s requirements. Working as part of a team of 3 persons.
- Maître d'hotel experience is a must
Tasks and areas of responsibility
- Meal Service for the family, children and guests
- Service of cocktails, hosting functions, and service with style and class.
- Chef interaction and information relay on current and planned activities and movements
- Shipboard information relay, keeping of daily schedule, ensure coordination of daily movements
- Restaurant bookings & particularities, research and communicate dress code, late last order policy, cancellation policy, etc.
- Owner’s and guest reception – Meet & Greet at the Gangway to exchange information and requests.
- Inventory and issuance of vitamins and nutrition supplements, maintaining supplement list bed side mise on place ( keep-ready) ; stock replenish when necessary
- Newspaper printout and distribution.
- Co-ordinate and interact with an array of external service suppliers (teachers, coaches, beauticians) communicating with them daily and managing their presence/leave based on the needs of the principals.
- Service supplier data base, recording regular rates, pre-agreed prices, preference information, service quality – valued regular service suppliers to ensure all changes and new agreements are up to date.
- Ordering upon owner’s request, organising purchases and order and deliveries of small to high value items, ensuring they are accounted for an and delivered promptly and stored correctly(with delegation and support from residence and vessels resources)
- Guest receipts – Ensure private orders and costs are accounted for and categorised obtaining approval when required.
- 90 days leave annually
- Economy flights
- Accident, Medical and Life insurance as well as Accident cover for disability and death
- Accommodation and meals or per diem during working days on board or in residence
Salary : Between 54 000 and 60 000 euros a year
Ad reference: 1152 LD
Post on 04/10/2019 by Morgan & Mallet International