Professional Housekeeper Job
Our VIP client and his family require the services of a Professional Housekeeper to manage daily duties and high level of soft services in their home in Los Angeles, California, USA; together with scheduled nanny duties for their 10 year old son.
In addition, this very demanding but very rewarding position, requires the housekeeper to have extensive experience in a private luxury environment where hospitality services may also be required from time to time.
The professional housekeeper will be someone who excels at laundry, cleaning, caring for the home and pets and enjoys the additional responsibility of the child’s company.
As representative of the household and family, the housekeeper will be required to step into any service or hospitality staff position in the home during receptions, daily requirements and when required.
This position is offered with the option of live-in or live-out and a very competitive package is on offer to ensure the most suitable candidate is sought.
- Fluent command of English in verbal and written communication
- Honest and Trustworthy with a pro-active mind set
- Detail oriented with the ability to respect a schedule and organize the works
- Previous experience in both luxury hotels as well as private residences
- High level of experience cleanliness and laundry, VIP wardrobe and packing for travel.
- Flexible and able to accommodate principle e/o guests schedule including public holidays and weekends throughout the year.
- Proven ability to work unsupervised for long periods
- Written references confirming abilities in similar roles with child care requirements and or baby sitting responsibilities.
- Eagerness to be employed on a long-term basis and commit to the appointment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain cleaning check list & record
- Detailed cleaning including carpets and windows, surfaces & antiques
- Follow the cleaning routine
- Laundry and ironing including linens, VIP wardrobe and delicate fabrics
- Simple sewing and repair to clothing
- Household inventory management
- Running basic errands
- Maintaining cleaning equipment at all times
- Special care of furnishings, delicate surfaces, high-end household appliances
- Hand-washing and special care of fine linens and delicate clothing
- Team work
- Assisting in the preparation for functions / receptions & special occasions
- Prepare and keep the rooms as per 5* hotel standards
- Turn down service to hotel standard
- Child minding, baby sitting and general child observation duties.
- Work within a team as part of the family at all times
- Willingness to travel with the family when required
- 3 years' experience working as a housekeeper
- Fluent English, an additional language would be a plus
- Housekeeping qualifications would be a plus
- Significative experience including child minding
- Dynamic, friendly yet professional person with kind and honest attributes who values the discretion required
- Schedule is flexible in accordance to the house needs
- Overtime paid for any additional hours, every second Saturday and after hours child minding.
- Private room within the property if required _ option of living out.
- Full time placement with 3 months trial period
Very competitive salary for the most suitable candidate
Monday to Friday
Ad reference: 1128 SA
Post on 29/07/2019 by Morgan & Mallet International