Hotel Facility Manager Mia, Seychelles
A hotel group is looking a hotel facilities manager for their resort located on an island in the Indian Ocean, Mia, Seychelles.
The candidate will be responsible for the entire maintenance and third party repairs program for resort (luxury lodges).
As the owner of the hotel has also designed the venue to moor his two luxury superyachts, and those of guests from time to time, the facilities manager will be required to have Bosun or Scenior Deck Hand experience with superyachts and the mariner duties involved.
Duties & Responsibilities
As the Facilities Manager:
- Maintaining and developing the garden
- Planting new trees, flowers and various plants
- Seeding plants and watering them at the correct times
- Mowing the lawn
- Pruning shrubs
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the garden
- Making sure that all garden equipment is correctly maintained and serviced
- Cleaning of the pool
- Running errands
- Managing all technical maintenance of the house (heating, central air conditioning, electrical system, etc ...)
- Controlling the expenses and monitoring the work of contractors
- Keeping maintenance journals
- Managing of home automation and lighting
- Performing simple repair of small household appliances
- Minor repair works (painting, troubleshooting, minor repairs...)
- Caring for the technical equipment: computer equipment, phones, iPhone, iPad, laptop, TV, stereo, printer ...)
As the Bosun:
- Ensuring cleanness and maintenance of the yacht, mooring stations, filling stations, bridges and yacht yard.
- Acquisition of knowledge about all types of equipment and maintenance products on board and for the mooring station & yard
- Develop, perform and assist in maintenance and repair projects (varnishing, painting, caulking, fiberglass repair...)
- Managing water sports onboard the yacht _ including tenders & recreational sports vehicles.
- Continuing education and licensing _ Employee (Deck Hand) schedules and evaluations.
- Ability to self-manage and keep mariner in good condition as well as vessels berthed there.
- Control and management of two additional deck hands.
- Ability to deal with the local immigration and customs authorities to allow smooth and hassle free movement of the yachts & crew
- Knowledge of UHNW clients, family and associates habits and needs
- Highest levels of safety and cleanliness.
- Happy to deal with and arrange bunkering facilities.
- Experience deckhand
- Skills and knowledge of maintenance (varnishing, painting, caulking, basic outboard motor, maintenance product knowledge)
- Basic engineering knowledge
- Proper conduct
- Knowledge of water sports
- Good work ethics
- Positive attitude
Ad reference: 1124 SA
Post on 25/07/2019 by Morgan & Mallet International