Family based in Highgate, London, UK is looking for a housekeeping to holds a certain level of responsibility and covers a broad spectrum of required skill sets.
The post holder is part of the Housekeeping team and works under the supervision of the House Manager on the maintenance and cleanliness of the house.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The key duties vary between occupancy times, when the Family or Guests are in residence and the main focus is on the upkeep of the house, laundry, staff areas and accommodation; and non- occupancy times, when the core duties revolve around day-to-day housekeeping, maintenance and house preservation.
- Work under the supervision of the House Manager maintaining the house to a high standard of cleanliness (As referred to in the House SOPs)
- Keep the house ready and prepared for the family
- Keep a good stock of cleaning/laundry products, guests’ toiletries etc.
- Ensuring all weekly, monthly and yearly task lists are completed
- Keep a vigilant eye on the fabric of the house, its comfort, furnishings and chattels.
- Health and Safety: Taking ownership of safe working practices within the House team and
- ensuring potential hazards are managed
This is not an exhaustive list, but represents a list of routine duties that the post holder will be required to perform on a regular basis. The post holder may be required to carry out additional duties under the direction of the Principal.
- A confident communicator, with the ability to work well as part of a team
- High personal standards in relation to work ethic and personal presentation
- High professional standards, including discretion and tact
- Attention to detail, and to the personal needs and requirements of the Owner and guests.
- The ability to work flexibly and under pressure, often with limited notice to cover short periods
of high intensity.
- Previous Housekeeping experience
- Experience of working outside the UK
- General experience of the hospitality or service industry
- Previous Housekeeping experience gained specifically within the high-end hospitality and/or private residential services industry
- It is also possible that the post holder will be asked to help set up and organise domestic operations and services in other locations if required and this could entail working in other UK locations (or possibly abroad) for short term visits or secondments and because of this flexibility and willingness to travel at short notice are especially important.
- 5 days a week
- 2 days off
- plus one/two Sundays a month
Ad reference : 1102 LD
Post 03/07/2019 by Morgan & Mallet International