Head of Security in Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa
A great opportunity for an experienced and focused individual. Private client based in Johannesburg, South Africa is looking for a head security officer to join his security team.
The role is responsible for ensuring the security of personnel, guests, facilities, inventory, material and equipment. An accommodation near the client’s residence will be provided.
- At least 4 years’ experience in security management
- 3 years’ experience working for a private family
- Experience in managing, motivating and providing leadership in a security team
- Demonstrated influencing and negotiating skills
- Strong leadership, management and interpersonal skills dealing effectively with all levels of management
- Intelligent and articulate in his actions
- First Aid and CPR training
- Valid US Driving License
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Native English, good French
- Clean criminal records
- Bachelor’s Diploma
- Certificate in Security Management and other certificates and qualifications from training centers or schools
- Excellent organizational skills
- A solid understanding of information technology and information security
Duties and responsibilities
- Conducting daily evaluations of potential threats
- Liaising with public services (police, other security staff)
- Remaining up-to-date with local security laws, regulations and protocols
- Organising security staff and itineraries to ensure the client, their family and assets are secure
- Acting as liaison between the client and the security team
- Managing sub-contractors and security systems (such as alarm systems, CCTV etc.)
- Being contactable 24/7
- Managing all administrative duties related to the security department
- Planning timetables
- Organising and chairing team meetings
- Conducting rigorous security checks on people coming into contact with the client
- Recruiting new members for the security team, overseeing detailed CRB, background and training
• Schedule is flexible in accordance to the business professional and her family’s needs
• Availability required on all Weekends and Public Holidays.
• Salary based on experience and qualifications for the right candidate.
• Full time placement with 3 month probation period.
Ad reference 1083 SA
Post on 03/06/2019 by Morgan & Mallet International
Position on hold