Household Manager/Cook in Asheville, NC, USA
Our clients are looking for a Household Manager / Cook for their house in Asheville, North Carolina, USA.
The Household Manager has the primary responsibility to oversee the day to day household operations and family activities.
This position’s responsibilities will include, but not limited to, cooking, housekeeping services, child care (there is a nanny), family scheduling, linen care, garment care, and errands.
Qualified candidate will promote a positive and engaging work environment through effective, consistent and professional communication. Candidate should possess a pleasant demeanor, strong work ethic, excellent organizational skills, and demonstrate total discretion.
They must be flexible in meeting any and all needs of the family. Qualified candidate will possess knowledge of formal entertaining and service deliverables.
This candidate will also ensure standards of quality and service are consistently emphasized and maintained while ensure a safe work environment. The candidate may be responsible for more than one home and provide continuity between homes or properties.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage day to day operations of the household.
• Coordinate child care services and provide child care services as necessary.
• Conduct daily housekeeping duties.
• Coordinate weekly/monthly/quarterly deep cleaning duties.
• Coordinate and execute weekly culinary menu.
• Schedule household services to ensure all interior/exterior furniture, fixtures and equipment are maintained.
• Household shopping as needed.
• Maintain household family schedule.
• Provide wardrobe and linen care.
• Maintain household budget.
• Conduct household inventory as necessary/determined.
• Coordinate and execute social entertainment for family; internally or externally.
• Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by family.
• Driving duties as required.
• Maintain scheduled upkeep of household automobiles.
• A high school diploma (or GED) required. Additional execution, training, and/or certification(s) preferred.
• A minimum of five (5) years related experience in a similar capacity. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and motivational skills.
• Must maintain total and complete discretion.
• MS Office proficiency.
• Must have food and beverage service experience.
• Strong organizational, planning, and project management skills.
• Proactive, exercises good judgement, creatively problem solves.
• Possess a valid driver’s license; driving record must be clean and points-free for at least the past two years.
• Ability to work a variety of schedules as necessary to meet family needs to include but not limited to nights, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to travel as required by family.
• The individual will work in guest/vendor/family environment.
• The individual will be required to lift, pull, push 25 pounds regularly and 50 pounds occasionally.
• The individual may work in a standing position for extended periods of time, and may be required to kneel, reach overhead, bend/stoop as needed.
• CPR and First Aid certification preferred.
Salary: Negotiable, excellent benefits. Accommodation can be provided.
Ad reference : 1050 LD
Post on 04/04/2019 by Morgan & Mallet International