Private Chef Cook Job
VIP family based near Port Louis, Mauritius, is looking for a Private Head Chef/Cook with experience in private luxury residences, who would professionally organise the kitchen and create tasty, healthy meals for the family.
A good sense and knowledge of varied dietary requirements is highly sought for this vacancy _ health and freshness is a priority.
The person has to respect the tastes of the family members, dietary restrictions (gluten and dairy free) and propose dishes of international cuisine. The Chef will be supervising other staff members on a daily basis including housekeepers, assistants and gardeners.
The right person must speak fluent English. The position is live in.
- Experience in five star restaurants or similar environment
- Experience in private families, yachts or private residences
- Verifiable references
- Able to speak fluent English
- Knowledge of Asian and European cuisine essential
- Excellent organisation and management skills
- Team spirit and good diplomatic skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and ensure the quality of the dishes prepared in the kitchen
- Create and submit menus for approval
- Train and control the kitchen assistant
- Cooperate and manage the organising of the kitchen, pantry, hygiene, stock and grocery lists
- Cook international cuisine (Asian, European)
- Daily cooking for the family (3 people)
- Prepare child friendly meals
- Prepare menu’s, three to five course, for dinner parties & receptions up to 20 pax
- Guide the team for organising banquets and receptions
- Manage the stock and place orders
- Manage relations with suppliers
- Respect the hygiene and safety rules - HACCP guidelines
- Organise the kitchen cleaning to the highest standard
- Full time contract
- Live-in position _ a separate studio apartment with full privacy is provided
- Annual return ticket to country of origin.
- Very good conditions
Very good salary depending on profile
Ad reference : 1044 SA
Post on 15/03/2019 by Morgan & Mallet International