House Manager/Cook Job Offer and Vacancy
A family residing in Johannesburg, South Africa, require the appointment of a Professional House Manager/Cook to manage the household requirements for full housekeeping & catering services of the entire home, stock and supply operation, laundry & ironing requirements, supervise the upkeep of the entire property and its services.
The primary role will be to prepare fresh and healthy meals for the family and to manage and control all activities relating to the house. Key areas of responsibility will include, but not be limited to, overseeing the staff of the house, timely maintenance of the property, cars and garden, shopping for the house and running ad hoc errands from time to time.
A very competitive remuneration package will be offered to the candidate with the highest qualifications and level of experience.
- Fluent command of English in verbal and written communication.
- Honest and Trustworthy individual with a pro-active mind set.
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage the entire smooth running of the
home & family estate.
- Extensive experience in similar position within a private family residence with
- High level of experience in Valet, Butler, House Manager and/or Service posi-
- Flexible and able to accommodate principle and children's schedule including
public holidays and weekends.
- Certificate Qualifications for Household or Hospitality Butler / Housekeeping /
- Driver’s License.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Overseeing correct layout, change-over and upkeep of table service for break- fast, lunch and evening meals; preparing dinging tables in accordance to the theme of the reception (formal, informal, buffet, family or silver service)
- Maintaining and cleaning valuable silverware, fine porcelain and crystal ware.
- Managing and maintaining employer's VIP wardrobe (ensuring timely washing, pressing, arranging, folding and packing)
- Preparing daily meals for the family
- Preparing 5 to 7 course meals for functions, dinners and special events.
- Preparing travel plans, itinerary and luggage.
- Preserving and managing security for private art & valuable collections.
- Managing stock and supply operations, in particular of high value commodities such as fine wines, cigars and weaponry.
- managing and supervising the creation and upkeep of floral displays through-out the home.
- Understanding, promoting and defending household protocols among staff and guests.
- Recruiting and training household staff.
- Maintaining exhaustive, up-to-date inventories or supplies and valuables.
- Inviting and welcoming guests, with an aptitude for guest relations.
- Establishing and keeping to workable estate budgets in collaboration with the employer.
- Serving food & beverage, ensuring proper service at all time in relation to the reception theme and ambiance.
- Organizing social events and arranging specific details for receptions.
- Liaising with financial and accounting staff with reporting responsibilities.
- Taking telephone calls, proper handling of correspondence.
- Complete and total house schedule management.
- Management of household staff compliment, in terms of scheduling, leave, appointment and duties. Four staff members in total.
- Financial & completed duty reporting on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Management of third-party suppliers and vendors.
- Laundry & Ironing requirements
- Cooking & menu planning for the family
- Assistance with food preparation.
- 3 years' experience working as a Butler/Household Manager in a private residence Certificate Qualification for Household Manager, Butler or Cook
- Fluent English + additional African language
- Additional housekeeping / cooking / laundry skills will be advantageous
- Driving License
- Dynamic, friendly yet professional person with kind and honest attributes who values the discretion required
- Schedule is flexible in accordance to the family needs - max 45 hour week. Availability required on all Weekends and Public Holidays
- Salary based on experience and qualifications for the right candidate.
- Full time placement with 1 month trial period
Post on 27/02/2019 by Morgan & Mallet International
Ad reference : 1036 SA