Gardener in Versailles, France
A motivated and hardworking Gardener/Guardian is required for an estate in Vallee de Chevreuse, near Versailles, Ile-de-France. The main tasks of the gardener will be working in the fruit and vegetable garden (approximately 5.000m² ) and ensuring security & presence in the house.
The site is around 1 or 2 hectares of very easy and limited maintenance: court yard, lawn and hedges. The main piece is the fruit and vegetable garden, 40% is lawn and fruit trees, 40% is vegetable (half perennial-half annual), 20% decorative.
The right candidate(s) have to be knowledgeable about growing vegetables in a kitchen garden and willing to look after it. There is no need for landscaping skills because the owners hire external workers to look after trees and lawns.
The owners live in Paris and normally visit the property at weekends.
The position is also suitable for a Couple, in such case one person will be a full-time gardener (39 hours/week) and another person would help in the house (cleaning, cooking, etc) and/or the garden on a part-time basis (for 20-24 hours/week).
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Contract: CDI, the Gardener will work full-time.
- Horticultural knowledge
- Willingness and motivation to work in a vegetable garden
- Gardening and maintenance skills
- French or English speaking
- Experience in a similar position
- Able to work autonomously
- Responsible and hard-working individuals
Duties and responsibilities of the Gardener
- Planning all activities in the vegetable garden, making records
- Being completely responsible for all the activities in the vegetable garden (soil cultivation, digging, watering, raking, weeding, pruning, seed sowing, bed preparation, planting, etc)
- Using and maintaining hand tools and light machinery
- Ensuring equipment and machinery are clean after use and correctly stored
- Liaising with contractors
- Ensuring presence and security
5 days/week, 39 hours
It is a live-in position. A separate cottage with a bedroom, a living room, a bathroom and a kitchen provided.
Up to 2 000 Euro net/month
Post on 26/02/2019 by Morgan & Mallet International
Ad reference : 1034 LD