Hairdresser / Hairstylist Recruitment and Placement Agency
What is a personal hairdresser / hairstylist ?
A personal hairdresser is responsible for cutting, styling and maintaining their employer’s hair in good condition, whether on a regular basis or for special occasions.
Their clients are general high-profile individuals who are willing to invest in and protect every aspect of their public image. This is, therefore, a challenging role which carries great responsibility and opportunity.
A personal hairdresser must take a deep interest in their clients' hair needs and styling preferences, and be able to offer them personalised advice.
They usually have extensive experience in high-end hairdressing and can ensure that their clients are immaculate at all times.
Personal hairdressers are generally based at their employer’s home and may also be required to travel with them.
Some personal hairdressers also specialise in make-up artistry training, which is particularly useful for clients whose profession demands regular public speaking and/or television appearances. Potential candidates may find it useful to consider this.
What responsibilities might a personal Hairdresser have ?
- Cutting, dying and styling hair, this may include more elaborate styles for special occasions
- Advising on and supplying haircare products, styles and hair colours
- Providing creative input, artistic flare and attention to detail
- Remaining up-to-date with current techniques, products and trends
- Preparing employers prior to private and public events, this may include make-up
All our personal Hairdressers are required to :
- Hold clean criminal records in both their country of employment and country of origin
- Present all certificates and qualifications from training centres and/or schools they attended
- Successfully pass two interview stages
- Provide at least three positive references from previous employers
- Complete professional dossiers containing: CV, cover letter, proof of identity (photocopy or scan), proof of address, proof of the right to work in the country of employment (if applicable), driving license and pay slips from previous professional placements. Candidates should be aware that other documentation may also be required.
Morgan & Mallet International places and recruits personal hairdressers for temporary, seasonal, or permanent contracts. Our recruitment consultants are always available to answer your questions.