Gamekeeper Recruitment and Placement Agency
A gamekeeper is responsible for the upkeep of animals bred on private land in the interests of sport, such as hunting and fishing (typically, this might include pheasants, ducks, guinea fowl, deer, trout and salmon).
Gamekeepers will help create a healthy environment to encourage breeding and healthy growth of game, by managing the growth of woodland, farmland, moorland and waterways to the advances of certain species.
This may mean trapping vermin and scavengers, reporting and preventing poachers, providing food in winter and water in summer, and protecting nests, burrows and lairs.
They are responsible for all preparations ahead of the hunting season and will liaise with organisers and hunting parties. They are expected to be able to advise on the best areas for game and to recruit runners, beaters and assistants where necessary.
They are also responsible for the overall maintenance and security of hunting grounds.
What is a gamekeeper ?
What responsibilities Gamekeepers and Forest-Rangers have ?
- Advising and guiding hunting or fishing parties
- Assisting in hunt logistics, advising on effective hunting and fishing techniques
- Preparing, breeding, training and caring for hounds
- Preparing hunting equipment
- Preparing and maintaining hunting grounds
- Managing recruitment of beaters, runners and other assistants for the hunt
- Recording figures from hunts and fishing parties
- Protecting the grounds from vermin, scavengers and poachers
- Repairing and maintaining related equipment and buildings
- Maintaining and managing hunting grounds to favour growth and health of game
- Liaising with security and police forces to protect the grounds from criminal activity
All our Gamekeepers are required to :
- Hold clean criminal records in both their country of employment and country of origin
- Present all certificates and qualifications from training centres and/or schools they attended
- Successfully pass two interview stages
- Provide at least three positive references from previous employers
- Complete professional dossiers containing: CV, cover letter, proof of identity (photocopy or scan), proof of address, proof of the right to work in the country of employment (if applicable), driving license and pay slips from previous professional placements. Candidates should be aware that other documentation may also be required.
Morgan & Mallet International places and recruits gamekeepers for temporary, seasonal, or permanent contracts. Our recruitment consultants are always available to answer your questions.