Domestic Couple - Recruitment and Placement Agency
What is a domestic couple ?
A domestic couple is made up of two people who fill multiple domestic household positions, generally managing all domestic tasks within a property, second home or yacht.
They carry out various household tasks such as cleaning, cooking, gardening, chauffeuring and butlering.
In larger, more traditional estates, domestic couples are often responsible for supervising and managing a team of household staff. It is they who see to the overall running of the household and ensure the highest standards are kept at all times. Domestic couples may be expected to travel with their employer and fulfil the same roles regardless of location.
What responsibilities might a Domestic Couple have ?
A domestic couple shares various tasks both within the house and outside. The couple is generally, but by no means always, made up of a man and a woman, with one taking on tasks such as:
·Maintenance, construction, reparations and general handyman work
And the other performing chores such as:
·Cheffing and shopping
·Administration (correspondence, budgeting, inventories etc.)
A domestic couple may take on additional responsibilities depending on the client’s requirements and the number of staff employed at the property.
What accommodation could you expect as a Domestic Couple ?
In most cases, the employer offers domestic couples accommodation, which often consists of a separate living space within the property. In some cases, domestic couples may live outside of the main property.
All our domestic couples are required to:
- Hold clean criminal records in both their country of employment and country of origin
- Present all certificates and qualifications from training centres and/or schools they attended
- Successfully pass two interview stages
- Provide at least three positive references from previous employers
- Complete professional dossiers containing: CV, cover letter, proof of identity (photocopy or scan), proof of address, proof of the right to work in the country of employment (if applicable), driving license and pay slips from previous professional placements. Candidates should be aware that other documentation may also be required.
Morgan & Mallet International places and recruits domestic couples for temporary, seasonal, or permanent contracts. Our recruitment consultants are always available to answer your questions.