Dog Sitter Recruitment and Placement Agency
What is a Dog Sitter ?
A dog sitter is someone who is given the responsibility of looking after domestic pets, generally dogs, when their owners are not available. (Other terms include cat sitter, horse sitter, and pet sitter.)
A dog walker is simply tasked with regularly walking one, or many, dogs, whose owners are unavailable.
The frequency of the walks can vary from just a few times per month, to several times per day, some dog sitters even offer to take the animal home with them until the owner is available.
What are the roles and responsibilities of a Dog Sitter ?
Assuming the dog's comfort and Health
- Regular walking and play breaks in a safe physical environment
- Regular feeding in line with specified dietary requirements and home feeding schedules
- Regular and sufficient hydration
Maintaining appropriate levels of hygiene
- The sleeping area must be kept clean and wholesome (regular cleaning of bedding and toys, the area must be unsoiled etc.)
- Regular brushing, bathing and grooming (may include trimming claws, clipping, cleaning ears and teeth etc.)
Giving appropriate Healthcare
- Timely administration of necessary medication in line with owner's instructions
- Easy access to emergency contacts which should include, in this order: the owner, second emergency contact provided by the owner, the animal's regular veterinary surgeon, emergency veterinary surgeon selected by the owner, closest emergency veterinary surgeon.
- Providing a clean, healthy, well aired environment free from contagious diseases and parasites (such as worms, fleas, kennel cough etc.)
- Ensuring that there are no dangerous or poisonous objects or plants accessible
Dog sitters are expected to be easily contactable at all times and to respect owner requests.
All our Dog Sitters are required to :
- Hold clean criminal records in both their country of employment and country of origin
- Present all certificates and qualifications from training centres and/or schools they attended
- Successfully pass two interview stages
- Provide at least three positive references from previous employers
- Complete professional dossiers containing: CV, cover letter, proof of identity (photocopy or scan), proof of address, proof of the right to work in the country of employment (if applicable), driving license and pay slips from previous professional placements. Candidates should be aware that other documentation may also be required.
Morgan & Mallet International places and recruits dog sitters for temporary, seasonal, or permanent contracts. Our recruitment consultants are always available to answer your questions.