Chauffeur Recruitment and Placement Agency
What is a Private Chauffeur ?
A chauffeur is responsible for driving his client and family, friends or associates, to requested locations.
They are also responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the car, provided by the employer, including any administrative tasks such as tax and insurance documentation.
The chauffeur may also be requested to collect items or products delivered from various locations, he or she would benefit from having a flexible approach to the role and be willing to take on new tasks (within reason).
What responsibilities does a Private Chauffeur have ?
The chauffeur must be a privately licensed and professionally qualified driver. Duties may include dropping clients off at work, taking them to meetings, driving their children school or nursery, driving other family members or friends when required, and taking staff to carry out household duties.
Chauffeurs may also be required to take their client, and the client's family and friends, to and from evening events or the airport at unsociable hours. Other tasks related to driving, vehicle maintenance and transport may also be assigned to the professional chauffeur.
Many chauffeurs have benefited from driver training in the police force, army, or have completed extreme driving courses for self-defence. Equally, chauffeurs are often expected to have a knowledge of collectable cars and be competent at driving them. It may be advisable for potential candidates to consider training in these areas.
Chauffeurs are responsible for :
- Care and upkeep of all vehicles provided
- Washing and polishing all vehicles provided
- Administrative tasks relating to all vehicles provided
- Stock and supply operations relating to all vehicles (acquiring products, ensuring all necessary items are topped up and available etc.)
It is important that the chauffeur presents a clean, efficient and well-serviced car for their client at any given time, regardless of circumstances. While expectations and duties may vary depending on the client, high-profile figures may emphasize the need for promptness and heightened security responsibilities.
All our chauffeurs are required to:
- Hold clean criminal records in both their country of employment and country of origin
- Present all certificates and qualifications from training centres and/or schools they attended
- Successfully pass two interview stages
- Provide at least three positive references from previous employers
- Complete professional dossiers containing: CV, cover letter, proof of identity (photocopy or scan), proof of address, proof of the right to work in the country of employment (if applicable), driving license and pay slips from previous professional placements. Candidates should be aware that other documentation may also be required.
Morgan & Mallet International places and recruits chauffeurs for temporary, seasonal, or permanent contracts. Our recruitment consultants are always available to answer your questions.