Personal Assistant / House Manager in Paarl, Cape Town-Boland, South-Africa
A professional family with a busy schedule residing in Paarl, Cape Town-Boland, South-Africa requires an organised, energetic, detail-oriented, driven, personable and creative individual to act as their Personal Assistant/House Manager to join their family’s personal & business environment.
The position requires assistance in the successful management of the owner’s time, resources, home and household staff as well as handling all personal administrative tasks.
The role involves, but is not exclusive to :
- Family Personal Admin: For example, implementing instructions and tasks as required, obtaining information, doing research, sourcing quotes, following up on outstanding issues, following up on payments / refunds, running errands, FICA / RICA etc.
- Personal Appointments / Arrangements / Bookings: E.g. hair, beauty, family photo shoots, restaurants, venues etc.
- Relocation: New contacts, new service providers, removals, transport, storage etc.
- Staff: Sourcing and managing staff, e.g. cook, domestic, gardener etc. at different residences / properties in South Africa
- Property Administration: Maintenance, appliances, electronics, furniture, repairs, Estate liaison, DSTV, service providers, assistance with building projects as needed, reports of faults / billing issues e.g. Eskom, municipality, etc. for all residences / properties. Traveling to residences as needed.
- Cell phones and Telkom: New cell phones, contracts, new installations, faults / issues with phones / hardware / software, International Roaming etc.
- Building Contractors: Assist with personal admin and Business Contractors registrations, certificates, compliance, filing etc.
- Travel Arrangements: Domestic and International holidays, flights, accommodation, car hire, visas, travel agents etc.
- Vehicle Administration: Arrangements for services / maintenance / repairs, quotes, all licensing and vehicle registrations etc.
- Health: Medical Aid administration, Doctors, physio, chiro, scripts, medicine, appointments etc.
- Firearms: Anything related e.g. licensing, sales etc.
- Jewellery: Anything related e.g. evaluations, repairs etc.
- Branding: Procuring branded merchandise and clothing for all companies, e.g. samples, quotes, logos, branding requirements, payments, delivery etc.
- Functions: Plan and co-ordinate all business functions, e.g. team building, year-end function, small office functions / braai’s and office photo shoots etc.
- Gifts: Occasion cards and signing thereof, procuring year-end gifts (staff and clients), Mother’s Day, Birthdays etc. Secretaries / Spring Day Gifts
- Races and Running Club: New running club in Paarl: Registration, clothing etc. Entries and administration for Cape races
- Purchases and Suppliers: Sourcing, price checking, buying, returns, exchanges etc.
- Deliveries and collections: Post, track and receive parcels, courier arrangements etc.
- General Admin: Emailing, phoning, maintaining records, filing, scanning, printing, errands, collections, deliveries, typing when needed etc.
- English first language with excellent written communication skills
- Ability to draft letters and reports on behalf of the owners to a high standard of English. Microsoft Office software - PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent attention to detail, with ability to manage, train and hire household staff
- Project management skills – from start to finish
- Driver’s licence and a perfect driving record.
- Experience with Google Drive.
- One to two years’ experience as a personal assistant, preferably to an executive.
- Matric is a necessity
- Completed degree/diploma in a related field.
Personal Skills / Attributes
- Flexibility and multi-tasking is a priority for this appointment, with the ability to communicate effectively under pressure.
- Prioritizing workloads and tasks with an eye for detail regardless of the time & pressure.
- Work and presentation must be extremely organized and meticulous at all times.
- Self-driven and results-oriented persons will suit this appointment best.
- The ability to take direction and work from a brief is important.
- Friendliness & professionalism at all times.
- A focussed “can do all” personality with good communication skills and an eagerness to manage the entire operation of time & services.
- Salary offering proportionate with your skills and experience.
Ad Reference 891 SA
Post on 31/10/2018 by Morgan & Mallet International