Estate Management Couple in Lewes, East Sussex, United Kingdom
Lovely young family who own a large weekend residence near Lewes in East Sussex, UK require a reliable hands-on couple to manage their estate.
The right candidates must have experience in managing a country estate and taking care of old houses (the house was built in the 18th century, the estate is set in 42 acres of land).
Gardening & maintenance skills are important for this position as the couple will have to oversee and help external workers to maintain the land & gardens.
One person in the couple will have to perform housekeeping and cooking duties (healthy, organic, home style meals).
The household is relaxed and informal with a high level of service.
This is a long-term opportunity, the owners would like to find an amiable couple who love their job, enjoy living in the countryside and taking care of vegetable gardens and animals if required (there are several chickens at the moment).
Start: As soon as possible. Nice accommodation will be provided.
- Experienced couple
- Genuine countryside and animal lovers
- Able to drive
- Pro-active people able to work autonomously
- Well organised
- Available to work weekends
- Friendly and positive
Duties and responsibilities
- Managing the estate on a daily basis
- Liaising with and supervising contractors
- Gardening (vegetable gardens, flower beds and wild English gardens)
- General maintenance and minor repairs
- Tennis court and swimming pool maintenance
- Cleaning and organising the house
- Laundry and ironing
- Making beds, changing linen
- Cooking for the family and guests if required
- Some babysitting if required
- Look after pets
5 days per week including weekends
Flexible hours during weekends, able to manager their own time during the week
Salary: Very good salary for the right couple
Ad reference 887 LD
Post on 05/10/2018 by Morgan & Mallet International