Chef de Rang / Professional Waitron in Johannesburg, South Africa
An exclusive designer restaurant & patisserie in Johannesburg, South Africa requires the appointment of Chef de rang & chef d’etage. Required to be organized, keep track of his orders and detail-oriented to be sure each patron’s personal tastes and requirements are noted and applied to within the dining experience.
Clear verbal & written communication abilities are essential to interact with customers, management, chefs and suppliers. A professional with a passion for up market service and high end entertainment & fine dining is required with experience in five star establishments.
Sommelier duties may be included in this appointment to ensure paring of dishes and wine are complimentary, making good wine knowledge essential.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate with guests to record drink and food orders.
- Develop and maintain good relations with cook in pantry room to take food orders.
- Administer efficient delivering food and drinks to dinner table to ensure good dining services.
- Assist attendants and cook to serve food and drinks like beer.
- Ensure and maintain safe working environment for fine dining staff.
- Maintenance of operating devices and perform regular cleaning for same.
- Participate in all conference and meetings for dining services.
- Ensure proper delivery of orders according to timeframe.
- Examine floor on periodic basis.
- Monitor and ensure clean workplace and other areas for facility.
- Perform duty by keeping napkins in folds.
- Coordinate with respective team leaders and manage all service requirements to ensure efficiency in working.
- Oversee equipment maintenance and cleanliness of whole workstation.
- Manage all operating systems to safeguard property in eateries and restaurants.
- Assist internal and external guests, place requests and answer enquiries in friendly manner.
- High School Diploma
- Hospitality service training, wine training course or similar
- Food knowledge
- Fine dining service experience.
- Minimum of 5 years fine dining experience _ service & hospitality
- Minimum of 2 years education in hospitality or service ( in service training )
A very good remuneration & benefits offer will be made to the right candidate.
Ad reference 880 SA
Post on 05/10/2018 by Morgan & Mallet International