Professional Butler/House Manager in Stellenbosch, South Africa
A family estate in Stellenbosch, South Africa, require the appointment of a Professional Butler/House Manager to manage the household staff, and supervise the upkeep of the entire property and it's services.
In addition, this very demanding but very rewarding position, requires the Butler to always be at the disposal of his/her employer for a range of important duties as a Personal Residential Assistant.
As sole representative of the household staff, the Butler will be required to step into any staff position in the home during cases of absence or emergency.
A very competitive remuneration package will be offered to the candidate with the highest qualifications and level of experience.
- Honest and trustworthy
- Fluent command of English in verbal and written communication
- Experience from handling large dogs, and able to create a good relationship with the owners two
- Rottweilers. Able and flexible to house sit and care for them. Interested in learning how to train and
- handle the dogs according to the owners requirements
- Driver’s license
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage the entire smooth running of home & family estate
- Experience from working as a butler within a private family residence with contactable references
- Experience from working (not necessarily as a butler) at a 5 star hotel or lodge
- Certificate qualifications for Household or Hospitality Butler
Duties and responsibilities
- With short notice be prepared to assist as a driver
- Overseeing correct layout, change-over and upkeep of table service for breakfast, lunch and
- evening meals; preparing dining tables in accordance to the theme of the reception (formal,
- informal, buffet, family)
- Preparing breakfast meals according to the owners requests
- Assist with preparation of meals when requested
- Serving food & beverage, ensuring proper service at all time in relation to the reception theme and
- Clearing the tables after meals and cleaning the kitchen and preparation areas
- Maintaining and cleaning porcelain and crystal ware
- Managing security for valuables
- Managing and maintaining employers VIP wardrobe (ensuring timely washing, pressing, mending,
- arranging, folding and packing)
- Preparing travel plans and luggage
- Inviting and welcoming guests, with an aptitude for guest relations
- Preparing guest rooms and insuring that they are well cleaned and all in order.
- Management of doing laundry as per daily schedule and requirements
- Management of doing ironing as per daily schedule and requirements
- Managing the upkeep of floral arrangements throughout the home
- Complete and total house schedule management, supervise that all is done to satisfactory
- Management of household staff compliment, in terms of scheduling, leave, appointment and duties
- Understanding, promoting and defending household protocols among staff
- Recruiting and training staff
- Managing a maintenance schedule and report on work completed. Report broken items and non
- functioning machines, etc
- Together with the estates handyman plan for maintenance
- Managing the supply of all household and garden products. Making a list of products that needs to
- be purchased and arranging for the purchase
- Management of contractors and suppliers
A good salary & remuneration offering will be made to the most suitable candidate.
Ad reference 875 SA
Post on 02/10/2018 by Morgan & Mallet International