House Manager in Manhattan, New York, United States of America
A private family with 3 young children is seeking an exceptional House Manager to take charge of the smooth running of a refined household in Manhattan, NYC, US and its domestic staff (3 nannies and 1 housekeeper).
The house is around 5000 sq feet and run as a boutique hotel. The right candidate must be extremely punctual, well-organized, and able to follow a tight schedule.
Start: As soon as possible
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage all domestic staff and external vendors to consistently deliver the highest standard of service and output
- Act as the senior member of all domestic staff – from nannies, housekeeping to weekend help – and be fully responsible for their hiring, training and daily management
- Act as the gatekeeper of external vendors as the primary representative of the principal family and be fully responsible for all aspects of property management
- Serve with “roll-up-your-sleeves” and “all-hands-on-deck” mentality
- Ability to fill in for domestic staff in their absence and as requested by the principal family (for example, follow a basic recipe to cook a meal in the absence of a housekeeper)
- Ability to travel with family on request (domestic travel around 4 times a year)
- Ability to troubleshoot 24/7
- Take directions from and translate the preferences of the principal family
- Take full charge of weekly menu planning and ensure proper execution of meals
- Assist the principal family in all aspects of administrative support from calendar management, travel planning, shopping & errands, to event planning & formal service
- Set a tone of absolute professionalism and confidentiality among household staff
- Maintain home processes including staff manual, home operations manual, visitors & maintenance log book, and shopping/inventory list
- Prior experience in a similar role (working for a family in NYC)
- Display strong work ethic, integrity, and honesty
- Must be extremely reliable and punctual
- Be polished, professional and respectful
- Flexibility to work overtime, overnight and/or travel with family, as requested
- Have an excellent command of English
- Ability to follow directions, both written and spoken
- Ability to work successfully in a team setting
- Ability to be highly discreet in preserving the confidentiality and privacy of a high-profile family
- Candidates must hold a valid US passport or Green Card; have excellent, verifiable references; undergo a background and credit check. Health records and/or health visits, such as immunizations and flu shots, may be required.
Schedule : Monday – Friday, from 8 am to 7 pm with a break.
Salary : Up to USD 110,000 annually + benefits.
Ad reference 853 LD
Post on 08/14/2018 by Morgan & Mallet International