Estate manager in Caen, Normandy, France.
Owner of a castle located in Normandy near Caen, France, is looking for a estate manager.
The person will be in charge of the complete organisation of the estate. The candidate must have similar experience, be flexible and versatile.
This position is live-in, the owner offers 5-bedroom accommodation and a car.
The position is to be filled in September 2018 for training with the current house manager until November.
- Excellent managerial and organisation skills
- Knowledge of reception organization and family service (HNW & UHNW)
- Knowledge in accounting reporting
- Experience in tourism and / or hospitality, interest in heritage
- Interest in agriculture (diploma or experience)
- Must have a very good level of French
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accounting reporting to the accounting firm of the family
- Administrative management of the castle in relation with lawyers, notaries
- Management of house staff on site (gardener, cleaning lady ...)
- Recruitment of staff for permanent, temporary and seasonal contracts
- Payment of invoices
- Managing schedules of personnel
- Organization of guest stays / events (means of transport, meals, entertainment, excursions ...), supervise the entire stay
- Management of the opening to the public
- Management of maintenance work for all buildings (castle, outbuildings, farms)
- Welcoming local visitors
- Promoting the site and setting up partnerships
- Planning of budgets
- Ensure good conditions of conservation of the castle collections
- Inventory of works of art intended for exhibitions
- Site monitoring, and responsibility for the alarm
- Hunting management
- Oversee crops and service providers
- Renewal of the cattle herd
- Feeding cows in winter in rotation with employees
Salary : To be determined according to profile
Ad reference: 842 PA
Morgan & Mallet International - 07/08/2018