Domestic Couple in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
A UHNW family based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, require the appointment and services of a long-term domestic couple (Gardener/Houseman & Housekeeper) to ensure the maintenance of their homes grounds, gardens, maintenance, cleanliness and laundry services. The general upkeep of their homes exterior, interior and surrounding areas, combined with the full housekeeping responsibility will be appointed to this live-in couple.
The candidates extensive experience in working in a private residence, with full gardening, maintenance and housekeeping responsibilities and the ability to manage external or outsources suppliers will be utilized to its full potential within this excellent opportunity.
The private island property in Abu Dhabi houses a 2000 square meter beach villa on the estate, and is only 15 minutes to main land by boat (which travels every hour). This property relies on cleanliness and maintenance of the highest standard on which there cannot be compromised.
Qualified and energetic candidates can expect a competitive package - live in with private accommodation offered on the estate.
- Fluent command of English in verbal and written communication
- Honest and Trustworthy couple with a pro-active mind set
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage: Small maintenance tasks, external suppliers, garden maintenance as a whole.
- Previous experience in both the available roles in a luxury residence with sound knowledge of the technology and system in such a residence.
- Extensive experience in similar position within a private family residence
- High level of experience in gardening, felling and garden layout _ housekeeping, laundry, ironing, room preparation
- Flexible and able to accommodate principle and children's schedule including public holidays and weekends throughout the year.
- Proven ability to work unsupervised for long periods
- Written references confirming abilities in similar roles
- Eagerness to be employed on a long-term basis and commit to the appointment.
Duties & responsibilities
- Maintain cleaning check list & record
- Detailed cleaning including carpets and windows, surfaces & antiques
- (Organizing and scheduling cleaning routines—> Done by myself or housekeeper supervisor)
- Laundry and ironing including linens, VIP wardrobe and delicates
- VIP wardrobe management
- Simple sewing and repair to clothing
- Household inventory management & grocery list for cleaning supplies.
- Vendor supervision and reporting to estate manager
- Running errands
- Maintaining cleaning equipment at all times
- Special care of furnishings, delicate surfaces, high-end household appliances
- Hand-washing and special care of fine linens and delicate clothing
- Supervision & team work with housekeepers, gardeners & kitchen staff
- Assisting in the preparation for functions / receptions & special occasions
- Bed making to hotel standard
- Turn down service to hotel standard
- Packing and unpacking luggage for guest arrivals and departures _ when required.
Maintenance/Facilities Manager & Gardener
- Managing small maintenance required in and around the home.
- Tending to garden, lawn, flowerbeds, potted plants, trees, patios, drive and surrounding areas.
- Window Cleaning (exterior & interior)
- Manage & dealing with on site maintenance staff. (supervision)
- Painting & aesthetic maintenance
- Paved area sweeping and edge trimming.
- Weeding of paved area, lawn and flowerbeds.
- Hedge maintenance, trimming and shaping.
- Lawn maintenance, edges and watering schedule with water wastage a priority.
- Keeping to watering schedule and setting a routine for the maintenance of the garden.
- Understanding of potting methods and watering requirements for different potted plants.
- Understanding of pesticides and weeding chemicals, with the ability to understand the usage.
- Knowledge of plant food & scheduling of feeding and watering in accordance.
- Ability to follow instructions on new flowerbed preparation and design.
- Cleaning and maintenance of all property walls.
- Cleaning and maintenance of all patio furniture, outside furniture and accessories.
- Cleaning and maintenance of all gardening equipment and tools.
- Ability and experience in pruning roses, fruit trees and shrubs in accordance with seasonal requirements
- Experience in the re-potting and re-planting of removed trees.
- Ability and references for using own initiative in a unsupervised position.
- 3 years' experience working as a housekeeper in a private residence/luxury hotel
- Fluent English
- Housekeeping qualifications would be a plus
- Dynamic, friendly yet professional person with kind and honest attributes who values the discretion required
- Schedule is flexible in accordance to the family needs
- Salary based on experience and qualifications for the right candidate.
- Private Room within the property (use of main kitchen facility)
- Only legally married couples need apply (to abide by law’s in UAE)
- Visa provided (only to candidates from countries where accepted)
- Full time placement with 3 months trial period
Ad reference: 672 SA IND123