Domestic couple vacancy in Dublin, Ireland
A lovely family is looking for an experienced domestic couple to manage their recently purchased property, based in in the West of Ireland (county Mayo). This picturesque fishing and shooting estate is set on approximately 113 acres and is composed of numerous different components including woodlands, pastures, lake frontage, a garden, a number residential buildings, a boat house and stables.
The property will be used as a fishing and shooting lodge and holiday home. It is currently being completely refurbished and when not in use by the owners will be privately let for short term lettings (2 – 3 days) to high net worth visitors.
This is a permanent position with beautiful accommodation provided.
- Tend to and manage garden.
- Use farm machinery including tractor and PTO driven machinery to maintain road ways.
- Manage the mature native deciduous forestry (in conjunction with contractors where necessary).
- Cut wood for the open fires and stoves in the properties.
- Maintain fields and lawns surrounding the house.
- Maintain walkways throughout the grounds.
- Maintain paddocks and fencing in coordination with local farmers who utilize a portion of the land for agricultural cultivation and livestock.
- Liaise with and manage contractors as appropriate.
- Ensure the security of the estate.
- General maintenance of the properties.
There is one principal residence and two other residential buildings on the property. All have been recently renovated.
- Ensure residences are in good working order, inside and out
- Maintain highest level of cleanliness; duties include laundry, windows, vacuuming, dusting and all standard housekeeping responsibilities
- When family or guests are in residence, plan, prepare and cook meals when required (the family are keen cooks and guests may or may not require full catering).
- Keep the household stocked with kitchen staples for the family and other items, such as laundry detergent, that are needed.
- Keep up with seasonal work such as fireplace and flue cleaning, and gutter clean out and maintenance
- Ensure reliable wifi and telephone service at all times, coordinate with service providers as necessary
- Maintain appropriate service contracts for items such as pest control and gym equipment
- Maintain and review all utility suppliers and arrange bill payments
- Provide support to interior design team when decorating work is necessary
- Provide any other administration for the family as requested
Safety and Security
- Ensure home and personal security including liaising with alarm company to ensure up-to-date monitoring contracts, emergency contact lists and servicing agreements are in place.
- Ensure good attention to IT security for the family (with regular backups of data, virus controls and good levels of password management)
- Ensure cars are kept cleaned, fuelled, taxed, insured and serviced (to schedule) at all times
- Ensure that other farm equipment (tractors/mowers etc) are maintained and serviced regularly
- Looking for a long term lifestyle choice working environment.
- Highest level of personal service experience with private families and/or individuals.
- 3+ years of experience in running a country home/estate.
- A love of country living in a rural setting of mature forestry, lakes and mountains (a strong interest in fly fishing and shooting would be an advantage).
- Self-sufficient and independent.
- Proactive in addressing issues or problems; anticipate and address needs of family and guests before being asked.
- Strong work ethic.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- High level of creative and intuitive thinking and problem solving.
- Strong communication skills.
- High level of confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Open to a flexible schedule.
- Negotiating skills to work effectively for the family with all suppliers and third parties.
Up to GBP 920 (1 000 EUR) net per week
Accommodation: A beautiful, recently renovated lodge of 150m2 will be provided.
Ad reference: 648 LD