Private Chef in Constantia, Cape Town, South Africa
A young VIP family residing in Constantia, Cape Town, South Africa, seek the employment of a Private Chef to take care of the residence's hospitality services and manage the private dietary requirements for daily meals and receptions.
Menu planning, grocery shopping, stock inventory, food preparation and plating of a high standard will be required within very flexible hours.
The candidate should have a good command of English with French being an advantage, and professional cooking skills with traceable qualifications and references. Local and international travel with the family may be required.
Additional task may include the management of additional staff, third party service suppliers and personal assistant duties.
This is a live-out position.
Duties and responsibilities
- Preparing daily/weekly/monthly menus based on dietary requirements and family preferences.
- Cooking & preparation for daily meals.
- International & modern continental cuisine
- Cooking of healthy, tasty, low-calorie dietary dishes
- Sensitivity and experience in medical dietary requirements
- Making a list of inventory and required fresh produce
- Purchasing and budgeting for the purchase of fresh produce
- Managing of suppliers
- Table setting and service when required for informal & formal receptions
- Catering for large receptions, both formal and informal (family gatherings)
- Implementation of standard health and safety regulation within the kitchen
- Keeping the workplace, kitchen equipment and household appliances clean and tidy at all times.
- Management of other staff duties and rosters.
- Management of third party suppliers.
- 3 years' experience working as a Chef in a private residence
- Fluent English
- Professional Cooking skills qualifications & private residential experience
- Valid South African driving license
- Own transport advantageous
- Dynamic, friendly yet professional person with kind and honest attributes
- Compliance with the rules of personal hygiene and health at work
- Schedule is flexible for 6 days per week when required with guests.
- Schedule is less demanding when the family are alone.
- Annual schedule & vacations are given in advance (as early as possible)
- Salary based on experience and qualifications for the right candidate.
- Private room may be offered following trial period
- Full time placement with 1 month trial period
Reference: 645 SA