Head Housekeeper in Libreville, Gabon
A high profile family living in Gabon, Western Africa is looking for a Head Housekeeper in order to manage and maintain the team of up to 10 housekeepers in their private 5-bedroom house.
The family travels a lot, but most of the time they spend in the property. There are a house manager, housekeepers, chefs, security officers and other external personnel. The Head Housekeeper will be responsible for the relocation into a new house (approximately in a year).
- Minimum 5 years’ of experience working for private families
- Experience managing personnel
- Fluent French, English will be a plus
- Driving licence
- Ability to provide high-end service
- Confident and professional
- Responsible, reliable and trustworthy
- Hands-on person
- Troubleshooting skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Team player
- Certificates related to the position will be a plus
Duties and responsibilities
- Supervising and managing team of housekeepers and lady’s maids
- Working alongside with the other housekeepers
- Being involved in all issues and different departments in the house
- Maintaining high standards of upkeep and cleanliness at all times, handling specific employer requests in regards to cleaning, maintenance and organization
- Providing trainings for housekeepers
- Managing stock and supply operations regarding cleaning and maintenance
- Packing and unpacking if required
- Helping the family to organize a new household
- Reporting to the House manager or to the Lady of the house
5 days per week, flexible hours
2 days off
This is a live out position but a separate flat will be provided by the client.
A car will be provided.
An insurance will be provided.
Probation period: 3 months
Salary: Starting from 55 000 euros per year, may be higher