Companion in Geneva, Switzerland
A private client is looking for two experienced, sensible and respectful companions who would take complete care of a 74-year old Lady.
There are two more Companions working with the Lady. The lady suffered a stroke but she is in a good condition now, however she may need some assistance with walking, dressing, washing, etc. The Lady travels a lot, she spends 5 months in Divonne-les-Bains, France (near Geneva), 4-5 months in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and 3 months travelling to the US, south of France, etc.
The companions have to perform all the duties related to the lady’s comfort and well-being, including helping her with washing, toilet, and dressing, doing housekeeping, laundry and ironing for her, accompanying the lady to appointments, administering medicine (no injections required - there is also a nurse).
- Proven experience
- Fluent English
- First Aid certificate
- Knowledgeable about medicine
- Nurse training will be a plus
- Driving licence will be a plus
- Willingness to travel
- Disciplined and respectful
- Valid EU passport
Duties and responsibilities
- Travelling with the Lady
- Providing help with housekeeping
- Making company to the Lady
- Reassuring the Lady and making her feel safe
- Being near the Lady during day and night time
- Being able to provide quick assistance at night time if necessary
- Cleaning the room and bathroom
- Arrangement of walks and leisure activities for the Lady
- Motivating and coaching the Lady to do intellectual and do physical activities
- Encouraging the Lady to do grooming independently and / or with assistance
- Providing daily care (hygiene)
- Helping the Lady with getting dressed
- Working in a team with other personnel
- Constant assistance with household issues
To be discussed, rotation
The position is live-in. A separate room with a shared bathroom will be provided (shared with another caregiver). A hotel room will be provided while travelling.
High salary, negotiable depending on the candidate’s profile