Private Chef Cook in Cape Town, South Africa
A single, mature gentleman, residing in Cape Town Peninsula, South Africa requires the employment & services of an exceptional Private Chef/House Manager.
Previous experience as a Private Chef in a residential environment would be preferred.
The Private Chef will also be in charge of Housekeeping, cleaning, errands, service provider management, cleaning scheduling, cooking, serving and household administration will be required within flexible hours. The candidates should have a good command of English, and a good level of cooking skills.
The apartment demands a high level of cleaning skill and and eye for detail. All laundry, ironing and wardrobe care duties are also required.
This live-out position is offered with lunch meals included.
Duties and responsibilities
- Keeping residence clean and tidy (bedrooms, bathrooms, entertainment area, dining room, verandas, lounge, decks/balconies and kitchen...)
- Weekly and daily menu planning.
- Preparing and serving all meals, with high quality and standard ingredients
- Full responsibility for housekeeping, deep cleaning and laundry.
- Progress reports and informing principles of any unexpected situations
- Making beds and the preparation of rooms before the arrival of the family and family guests on a daily basis.
- Taking care of VIP wardrobe
- Daily cooking of Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (imaginative, inventive and interesting)
- Knowledge of Jewish cuisine (Kosher) would be an advantage.
- Inventory and list control for pantry
- Proper use of cleaning chemicals
- Inventory and shopping for groceries and cleaning agents
- Caring of valuable items such as silverware, antiques and works of art
- Taking care of residence during the absence of the principal
- Running errands when required
- Assisting with table service and preparing for receptions both formal and informal
- 3 years' experience working as a professional housekeeper and personal cook in a private residence
- Fluent English with a good spoken and written command of the language.
- Cooking skills of a high level
- Valid South African driving licence would be advantageous
- Dynamic, friendly yet professional person with kind and honest attributes who values the discretion required
- Non Smokers Only.
Schedule is flexible for 6 days/ per week (08:00 - 16:00)
Salary based on experience and qualifications for the right candidate.
Trial period mandatory