Head Housekeeper in St Moritz, Switzerland
A very experienced 5 star level Head Housekeeper is required for a beautiful 35,000sq ft property in St Moritz, Switzerland.
The right candidate must have very high standards and be able to manage a small team of internal in house cleaners along with external cleaners. The candidate must be flexible, have a positive attitude and be happy to live in when the principals stay in the property (approximately 4 months a year).
The candidate should be used to working in large houses or hotels. The main house has 8 bedrooms and en-suite bathrooms and is located on 7 floors. There is also a guest house with 8 bedrooms nearby. The household is semi-formal, and tends to be formal when there are guests in the house.
The position may be suitable for a live in couple, where one spouse would perform duties of a facilities / maintenance manager and another spouse would work as a head housekeeper alongside a team of 4 housekeepers.
The candidates must meet the highest criteria and be used to working in 5 star luxury environment.
- 5 years’ experience in a luxury house, hotel or yacht
- Excellent skills in taking care of natural materials (stone, wood, etc)
- Exceptional laundry and ironing skills
- Able to use industrial washing machines and irons
- Good managerial skills
- Good at organizing stock
- Negotiation and communication skills
- Fluent English and preferably German or Italian
- Driving licence
- Hands-on candidate with a positive attitude
- Flexible and fair
- Interested in developing the team and encouraging their growth
- Able to take initiative
- Can-do attitude
- Able to work in a team and individually
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead a team of 4 housekeepers
- Organise their daily tasks, timetables and rotas
- Train and assess cleaning personnel
- Maintain high standards of upkeep and cleanliness at all times, handle specific employer requests in regards to cleaning, maintenance and organisation
- Laundry and ironing (training and supervising other staff or being personally responsible)
- Wardrobe management
- Manage guest arrivals and prepare the guest rooms
- Manage stock and supply operations regarding cleaning and maintenance, such as liaising and negotiating with suppliers
- Report on expenditures to the Director of global properties
- Communicate with the facilities manager
- Coordinate arrival of principals and guests with secretaries
- Walk a dog when required
The candidate has to be flexible when the principals and guests are in the property.
The position may be live-in or live-out, however it will be live-in during the periods when the principals or guests stay in the property.
Probationary period: 3 months
High salary for the right candidate.