Facilities Maintenance Manager, St Moritz, Switzerland
A Facilities Maintenance Manager is required for a beautiful 35,000sq ft property in St Moritz, Switzerland.
The candidate must be experienced with the technical side of running a large household and have very good technical knowledge of IT systems, swimming pool systems, and overall maintenance or engineering background in similar 5 star luxury environment.
The right candidate must be flexible, have a positive attitude and be happy to live in when the principals stay in the property (approximately 4 months a year).
The position may be suitable for a live in couple, where one spouse would perform duties of a facilities / maintenance manager and another spouse would work as a head housekeeper alongside a team of 4 housekeepers.
The candidates must meet the highest criteria and be used to working in 5 star luxury environment.
- 5 years’ experience in a luxury house or on a private yacht
- Engineering background in luxury environment
- Excellent technical knowledge of IT systems and swimming pool systems
- Fluent English (German would be a plus)
- Driving licence
- Hands-on candidate with a positive attitude
- Able to do manual work such clearing roads from snow, ect.
- Able to take initiative
- Can-do attitude
- Able to work in a team and individually
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain a large swimming pool, spa area, intercom and fire alarms systems
- Check and maintain machinery in the plant room
- Check and service computes, Internet and intercommunication systems
- Develop maintenance procedures and ensure implementation
- Carry out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues
- Supervise and work alongside a handyman
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers
- Ensure health and safety policies are complied with
- Clear the pathways and roads from snow
- Run errands, help the handyman and housekeepers if required
- Walk a dog when required
The candidate has to be flexible when the principals and guests are in the property.
The position may be live-in or live-out, however it will be live-in during the periods when the principals or their guests stay in the property.
Probationary period: 3 months
High salary for the right candidates.