Chef cook in Nice, France
Family is looking for an Italian private chef for their summer holidays in Nice on the French Riviera. The candidate needs to have many years of experience in private families, yacht or renowned trattoria. The private chef has to be extremely flexible and inventive. He/she will prepare various antipasta, entrees and desserts every week.
The chef will make a grocery list for the driver and the housekeeper of the house who will take care of food shopping.
The family will come with their domestic staff (bodyguard, nanny, private Russian chef) and the candidate will sometimes cook for them.
There are usually 5 to 12 people for lunch and a little fewer in the evening. The family has two children, sometimes there are also the children of their hosts. Employers have lunch around 14h and in the evening between 19h and 20h.
The family will be at the property from 10 July to 20 August, but the private chef will start from the 1st July with a training.
- long experience in private families, yachts or restaurants
- rigorous and serious person
- discreet, trustworthy, versatile, organised, helpful and flexible candidate
- sense of responsibility
- good command of English
Duties and responsibilities
- cook traditional Italian cuisine for 5-12 people (lunch and dinner), rarely breakfast (5 hot and cold antipastis, one fish dish, one meat dish, one dessert
- monitor and enforce rules of hygiene and HACCP safety
- manage inventory
- use fresh products of the season
- report on budget expenditures
- pack and conserve products
- clean the kitchen and dining room with special products
- make the list of groceries
- budget control
- be in contact with other members of the household staff
Shared room with another member of domestic staff. It may be a live-out position.
- Flexibility during the period
- Hours to be determined with the head housekeeper
- 4 000 to 5 000 euros net per month
- seasonal contract (2 months)
Training will be provided by the current domestic staff