Butler in London, United Kingdom
An amazing opportunity to work in a large household for an experienced and well-mannered butler.
Highly mannered, formal British family is looking for a butler, who is a native english language. This is a permanent full-time position.
Duties and responsibilities
- Managing cooking to dinner party standards, planning meals
- Ensuring the house is fully stocked at all times
- Managing setting the table, serving lunch and dinner.
- Managing and liaising with contractors
- Managing the cleaning of silverware, fine porcelain and crystal
- Preserving and upkeeping private art work collections
- Managing supply and maintenance of wine and cigar cellars
- Managing grocery supplies, running errands
- Performing chauffeur duties if / when necessary
- Understanding the household protocol
- Ensuring training of household staff
- Ensuring inventories of valuables are carried out
- Inviting and welcoming guests
- Organising estate budgets with the employer
- Formal dress code, you must be well presented at all times
- Understanding that you are an inalienable part of a family, of its values.
- 3 years’ experience working in mansions with HNW British families
- Excellent command of English ( + advanced knowledge of French/Arabic)
- Ability to provide formal 5-star service
- Excellent manners and presentation
- Driving licence
- Person of the same views as family
Very good salary for the appropriate candidate + living in a large luxury house with an exemplary family.
Start – at the beginning of November.
This is a live-in position.