Travelling Butler in New-York, USA
A well-known celebrity family from NYC, USA is looking for a Travelling Butler to work in their private property. Most of the time the Butler will have to serve and assist the family during trips.
This is a semi-formal household. There are 16 staff members in the property including a House Manager. Some of Butler’s duties will be shared with a Valet when the family stay in the property. The right candidate must have a good experience working as a Travelling Butler.
This is a permanent, full-time and live-in position.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working for a private family in the same position
- Butler training certificate would be a plus
- Knowledgeable in a high-standard formal service
- A very good understanding of social etiquette and formal service
- Barista and barmen skills would be a plus
- Fluent English, Spanish would be a plus
- Hands-on attitude
- Flexible, stress-resistant
- Trustworthy, punctual
- Eligible to work in the US
Duties and responsibilities
- Answering calls
- Welcoming all visitors to the house
- Setting up tables, serving meals and drinks
- Preparing coffee/tea, fresh, light snacks
- Maintaining wardrobe and polishing shoes
- Taking care of silverware and valuable items
- Driving principals when the Chauffeur is not available
- Covering House Manager duties in his absence
- Assisting in the planning of events/parties, receptions
- Liaising with contractors, organizing repairs when needed
- Managing the wine cellar and cigarette bar
- In charge of stock control of all beverages
- Reporting to House Manager and following his instructions when working in the house
- Booking hotels, restaurants, a variety of services
- Making all travel arrangements
- Packing/unpacking suitcases for traveling
- Being available 24/7 during trips
- Assuring principals’ comfort and wellbeing during travels
- Running personal errands for principals
This is a live-in position.
A separate room for the Butler will be provided within the property
A very good salary for the professional and skilled candidate.
- 5 days/week - non-fixed days-off (occasionally, during travels will be asked to work days-off that will be paid extra)
- 8:00 am – 6:00pm (flexibility is pretty much required)
Ad reference : 1072 LD
Post on 03/06/2019 by Morgan & Mallet International